Monday, February 2, 2009

What the Heck is Etsy Anyway

I realized that a lot of people visiting my blog may not be familiar with Etsy; and since the majority of my blog is focused around it, I thought I would take a minute to let them know exactly what it is. First, if you are wondering how you pronouce Etsy, it rhymes with the girls' name Betsy

Etsy is an online marketplace where you can buy and/or sell anything handmade. Etsy also has vintage items and crafting supplies. Etsy has over 1.8 million members and there are over 200,000 sellers. Etsy is different from Ebay, in that, there is no bidding; you just find what you like and buy it.

If you have never visited Etsy, you really must check it out. On Etsy, you can find anything from jewelry to pottery and everything in between and with the ever growing number of extremely talented artists found on Etsy you are bound to find something you just can't do without.

6 comments:

Audrey

That's a great idea! My blog seems to also focus around etsy lately. But have followers not on etsy - might have to do something similar!
Audrey

Anonymous

What a great post...I never gave any thought anyone but the Etsy community visiting my blog.

I am Harriet

You've answered a lot of my questions on your site :)

Lenox Knits

Good point. Our lives are so etsy-centered it's easy to forgot there is a whole non-etsy world out there, lol.

Anonymous

It is so funny...if you would have asked me a year and a half ago what Etsy was, I would have scratched my head! What is cool is that more and more people are learning what etsy is! What is not cool is how other sites are tyring to be etsy :[

candlemamma

I have problems pronouncing Etsy :) Thanks for helping me to ryhme it with betsy.