Thursday, February 19, 2009

Etsy Shop Feature of the Week

How awesome is it that in today's age, we are not only able to enjoy beautiful things, but we now have the ability to capture that beauty. We can ultimately freeze an image in time, allowing us to continue to enjoy it after that moment is gone. We can also share that beauty with others, so they too can enjoy it.

My next feature artist has an amazing eye and combined with her skill with a camera she is an extremely talented photographer. Her Mom calls her Apple and combined with her obsession with the color orange, it is my pleasure to share with you Apple Loves Orange and her piece of Etsy.




1. Why don’t you start by telling us your name and when and how you got starting crafting?

My name is April. I've been a photography lover for as long as I can remember. I only just recently began to really get into doing it myself.

2. What made you choose your niche?

I'm always amazed at what you can discover through the lens of a camera! I started playing around and learning about my camera and my husband actually suggested I should sell them.

3. Where do you draw your inspiration from?

Anything the has interesting color and shape. I think Mother Nature provides some pretty great material too!




4. Do you ever get in a creative slump? And, if so, what do you do to pull yourself out of it?

Not so far, since I haven't really been doing it long. For me, right now it's more a matter of being able to go out and shoot!

5. How many hours a day do you devote to your craft?

I think it's more hours in a week for me. I have a 3 year old home with me all day, so I can't always just grab the camera and go.

6. Do you have a job outside the home or is your online business your full-time job?

My first job is being a mom, so that has to come before anything else I do. I try to sneak in some "work" time here and there during the day and at night after the kids go to bed.



7. Do you sell anywhere else in addition to Etsy?

I do have a second Etsy shop http://appleblossomfl.etsy.com and an Art Fire studio http://appleblossomfl.artfire.com

8. What would you say is the most difficult thing about having an online shop and what have you done to overcome it?

Competition! It's hard to stand out in a sea of photography! I just try and promote as much as I can to get my stuff out there.

9. What are your long term goals for your shop/craft?

I would love to be able to make steady sales! Not sure if the ecomony is up for that right now!

10. Do you do custom orders?

That's kinda hard with photography, but I would be willing to shoot something specific for somebody!

11. Where would you say has been the most helpful place in finding information to help run your shop on Etsy? The forums, the help guides, other sellers’ blogs?

The Etsy teams I belong to, first and foremost. The forums are always great for figuring things out too.




12. If you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking about opening a shop on Etsy, what would it be?

If you love you craft, DO IT! Be bold, be original. PROMOTE


Other places you can find April are:

blog - http://appleblossomfl.blogspot.com/
twitter - http://twitter.com/appleblossomfl

I just want to give a special thanks to April for taking the time to let us get to know her and her beautiful shop. Be sure to visit April at applelovesorange and take at look at her amazing work.

3 comments:

KayzKreationz

That is a beautiful picture of the butterfly. Her pics are amazing. Thanks for the blog post about her.

http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

April

Thank you so much for featuring me!

Momma J

Beautiful shop!!!

Marianne
www.jewelrybymommaj.etsy.com
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com