We all know how important promoting our Etsy shop is if we want to be successful. I have put together a few ideas that you might find useful.
1. Use a signature line with a link to your shop in all of your emails
2. Promote your shop in forums and blogs that correlate with what you sell
3. Develop a free service. Share tips, ideas and any knowledge on your craft. You can create tutorials on YouTube (check out One True Media to help create videos)
4. Have a contest. You can either put this in your shop announcement or post it on your blog.
5. Send offers to your customers. Just remember that they must give you permission to contact them. When you send out packages, insert a note with your business card informing the customer of specials they could receive if they send you an email permitting you to send them correspondence.
6. List your shop’s url on Open Project Directory, the Yahoo Directory and Business.com
7.Register a domain name that you use for the sole purpose of directing traffic to your Etsy
8. Advertise your shop on Craig’s List
9. Sign up with Link Referral
10. Write articles about things you know and distribute them to editors as free content for their email newsletters or website. Ask if a link to your shop and a one line description of what you offer can be included with the article
11. Join a group on Yahoo. There are several groups for Etsy sellers – here is a link to the search query for Etsy
I found these ideas in the Forums:
How about a FREE way to get your shop’s sales or new items out there?
Blockhead Radio http://blockheadradiolive.com is starting another NEW show on Saturday 12/6. Tune in every Saturday at 5pm EST to hear “The Witching Hours”… where yours truly (me!) will be the hostess with the mostest plugging shops with “Wicked Good Sales”!
Click here to see the thread
3. This list is thanks to LindaCain on Etsy
Click here to view a thread that has a huge list of places to promote/advertise
Well, that's all I can think of for now. If you have any new ideas or fun ways that you promote and would like to share them, post them in the comment section and I will add them, with your name and a link to your store.