Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let me introduce myself

Hi. My name is Candi and I have been creating jewelry for about 3 years. I have always been crafty but I had never done jewelry until one day I saw my sister-in-law making a bracelet. It looked interesting, so I sat down, gave it a try and have not stopped since.

I got my start selling jewelry on Ebay, where I stayed until just recently. I will always be thankful to Ebay because they provided me great opportunities for learning not only about the business side of selling jewelry but also how important it is to build relationships with your customers. I did very well on Ebay and gained many loyal customers, but sadly the fees there have made me seek out other venues. This is how I came to find Etsy.

I opened my store last month and what I love most is the community that Etsy is. I have found the forums to be a valuable source for information and have learned a lot there. It is also wonderful to be in a place with so many talented and creative people.

I decided to start this blog to not only market my new shop, but also to share things I find along my journey to becoming successful. My family and friends joke that I am a little OCD because when I want to know something or learn something new I have a tendency to research it to death. I am a firm believer in 'paying it forward' so whatever I can share I will.
Above all though, I hope to make many new friends.

I hope you will visit me here often because you never know what I will be posting next :)

3 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery

Welcome to not only blogspot but also Etsy...It's great group of people there...lots of great info and fun along the way. Again welcome....Have a great holiday.

Ann Reilly

like your blog promotion tips adn is true one does need backlinks!

-Artzstuf

candlemamma

This blog is very interesting and informative. I am recommending it. I am going to come back and read more from time to time. Feel free to stop by blog sometime. Thanks Candi